Getting married is good, but celebrating the wedding anniversary is even better. This indicates that the couple are walking together, overcoming adversity and keeping love above all else. The wedding anniversary is also known as wedding weddings and for each year is attributed a symbolism and a different meaning.
The most common and celebrated are those of 25 years and 50 years of marriage which represent, respectively, the silver wedding and the golden wedding. But there are other types of weddings also, less popular, such as sugar, wool and silk, among many others.
The cool side of wedding weddings is the opportunity for couples to renew their vows and even organize a special celebration with friends and relatives, especially those who have not had the opportunity to hold a wedding party at the time.
But have you ever wondered what each of these weddings means? Or how to celebrate the wedding? Well today's post will answer these and other questions and still help you make an unforgettable wedding celebration. Follow:
Meaning of wedding weddings
The word nupas comes from the Latin "votum" which means promise. That is, it represents the celebration of marriage vows and their renewal.
The origin of marriage weddings is ancient from Europe in medieval times, more precisely in Germany. The story goes that couples who were 25 and 50 years married were publicly honored in villages with silver crowns for the 25 years of marriage, or gold, for those who had reached the age of 50 together.
This tradition spread throughout the world and gained new connotations and meanings, and today there is a symbol for each year of marriage, beginning with a year of union and going to the hundredth.
Wedding Weddings to Remember Married
Recently, the idea of wedding weddings for newlyweds has also begun to spread. The proposal is to celebrate the date of marriage month by month with relaxed and cheerful symbolism. Check out the list below the wedding weddings month by month:
- 1 month - Beijinho Weddings
- 2 months - Ice Cream Weddings
- 3 months - Sweet Cotton Wedding
- Four months - Wedding of Popcorn
- Five months - Chocolate Weddings
- 6 months - Feather Weddings
- 7 months - Glitter Wedding
- 8 months - Pompom Weddings
- 9 months - Maternity Weddings
- 10 months - Wedding Dresses
- 11 months - Chewing Gum Weddings
Wedding anniversary year by year
The symbols chosen for the wedding weddings relate to the degree of maturity and the development of the marriage. The first wedding, the paper, is marked by fragility, while the hundredth wedding brings the symbol of Jequitibá, a tree with deep roots that represents longevity, maturity and strength.
Check below the symbols and meanings of each wedding:
- 1st year - Paper Weddings : The first marriage is very special, it marks the first cycle of the union between the couple. The symbol chosen for this marriage is the role that brings the representation of a young union, still fragile and that needs to be treated with delicacy to stay strong.
- 2º - Cotton Weddings
- 3rd - Leather or wheat weddings
- 4th - Weddings of flowers, fruit or wax
- 5th - Wood or Iron Weddings : the wooden or Iron weddings mark the five years of coexistence between the couple. Wood or iron represent a stronger, more mature relationship that has already overcome differences. This moment also symbolizes a new phase for the couple that can be marked by the birth of a child or a new house, for example.
- 6th - Sugar or Perfume Weddings
- 7th - Brass or Wool Weddings
- 8th - Clay or Poppy Weddings
- 9th - Ceramic or Wicker Weddings
- 10th - Tin or zinc weddings : Ten years of marriage is not for everyone. To reach this time of union these days is a great challenge and for this very reason must be celebrated with great joy. The symbol that represents the first decade of the couple's coexistence is tin or zinc, strong but malleable materials as a relationship should be.
- 11th - Steel Weddings
- 12th - Silk or Onyx Weddings
- 13th - Linen or lace weddings
- 14th - Ivory Wedding
- 15th - Crystal Weddings : the fifteen years of marriage are marked by the Crystal Weddings, this element of pure and crystalline nature, but also very strong and resistant. Throughout that time together the couple has already gathered many stories to tell and can remember the past with everything they have conquered together, while they plan the future and the continuity of the bond.
- 16th - Sapphire or Tourmaline Weddings
- 17th - Rose Wedding
- 18th - Turquoise Weddings
- 19th - Weddings of Cretone or Sea Water
- 20th - Porcelain Weddings : the 20 years of married are represented by porcelain. This material looks delicate and fragile, but full of beauty and that when well cared for resists time and difficulties without any cracks.
- 21st - Zircon Weddings
- 22nd - Dishware Weddings
- 23º - Straw Weddings
- 24th - Opal Weddings
- 25th - Silver wedding : the famous Silver Wedding. The 25 years of union is a date that should be celebrated with everyone, including children and grandchildren, who by now must have arrived. Silver is a noble and valuable element, ideal to represent this moment in the life of the couple.
- 26th - Wedding of Alexandrite
- 27th - Wedding of Crisoprásio
- 28th - Hematite Wedding
- 29th - Herbal Weddings
- 30th - Pearl Weddings : pearl weddings have a very special meaning. For the oyster to produce a pearl it needs to deal with invaders in a wise and loving way, so that in the end, it has a beautiful jewel. This is exactly what happens in marriage after 30 years: a relationship strengthened, full and beautiful even with all external events that hurt her.
- 31st - Mother of the Bride
- 32nd - Pine Weddings
- 33º - Wedding of Crizopala
- 34th - Wedding of Oliveira
- 35th - Coral Weddings : the main characteristic of corals is their ability to join together to form resistant structures on the seabed, thus ensuring the survival of all. That way you build a relationship that reaches 35 years.
- 36th - Cedar Weddings
- 37th - Aventurina Weddings
- 38th - Carvalho Wedding
- 39th - Marble Weddings
- 40th - Emerald Weddings : the emerald is a precious stone of high value, very rare and of incomparable beauty. The stone is the symbol of the wedding of 40 years of marriage for representing this beauty and preciousness. In Egypt, the emerald was known as the "guardian of love."
- 41º - Silk Wedding
- 42nd - Golden Silver Wedding
- 43º - Wedding of Azeviche
- 44th - Carbonate Weddings
- 45th - Ruby Weddings : The Ruby nobility is the symbol of the 45-year wedding anniversary. A date to be celebrated with much pomp.
- 46th - Alabaster Weddings
- 47th - Jasper Weddings
- 48th - Granite Weddings
- 49th - Heliotrope Weddings
- 50th Golden wedding : finally, the golden wedding. Getting to the age of 50 is an honor and privilege for a few couples. Gold was the metal chosen to represent this milestone in life for two because it is the symbol of something durable, resilient and valuable.
- 51º - Bronze Wedding
- 52nd - Clay Weddings
- 53º - Weddings of Anrimônio
- 54th - Nickel Wedding
- 55th - Amethyst Wedding
- 56th - Malachite Wedding
- 57th - Lapis lazuli weddings
- 58th - Glass Weddings
- 59th - Cherry Weddings
- 60th - Diamond Wedding: the diamond is one of the most expensive and rare gems in the world. Hard and sturdy like no other stone, but also has an incomparable sheen. Want better symbol to illustrate so many years of coexistence?
- 61st - Copper Weddings
- 62nd - Weddings of Telurita
- 63º - Sandalwood Weddings
- 64th - Fabulita's Wedding
- 65th - Platinum Weddings
- 66th - Ebony Weddings
- 67th Snow Weddings
- 68th - Weddings of Lead
- 69th - Weddings of Mercury
- 70th - Wine Weddings : it is already known that the older and more mature a wine, the better it gets. This is the best symbology to represent 70 years of married.
- 71st - Zinc Weddings
- 72nd - Oats Weddings
- 73º - Marjoram Weddings
- 74th - Weddings of Apple Tree
- 75th - Brilliant or Alabaster Weddings
- 76th - Cipestre Weddings
- 77th - Lavender Weddings
- 78th - Wedding of Benzoin
- 79th - Coffee Weddings
- 80th - Bodas de Nogueira or Carvalho : walnut is a very resistant and long-lived tree, but to reach this condition it goes through many stages of development, as well as the relationship of the couple. Imagine how many things have not been experienced by a couple who have been together for eight decades?
- 81st - Cocoa Weddings
- 82nd - Carnation Weddings
- 83º - Begonia Weddings
- 84th - Chrysanthemum Weddings
- 85th - Sunflower Weddings
- 86th - Hydrangea Weddings
- 87th - Wedding of Nogueira
- 88th - Pear Weddings
- 89th - Weddings of Figueira
- 90th - Alamo Wedding : The 90 years of marriage are celebrated with poplar weddings. The poplar is a species native to Europe and very resistant, surviving the most intense temperature variations. For a relationship to reach 90 years requires a good dose of this same resistance of the poplar.
- 91st - Wedding of Pinheiro
- 92nd - Weddings of Willow
- 93º - Wedding of Imbuia
- 94th - Palm Weddings
- 95th - Sandalwood Weddings
- 96th - Wedding of Oliveira
- 97th - Spruce Weddings
- 98th - Wedding of Pinheiro
- 99th - Weddings of Willow
- 100th - Weddings from Jequitibá
At last we arrived at Jequitibá Weddings, the one where we celebrate 100 years of marriage. Not many couples came to celebrate this date, but it does exist and the Jequitibá tree was chosen to represent this unique moment. The Jequitibá is one of the most resistant trees that exists, with enormous branches and deep roots. He knows how to strengthen in the face of difficulties and grows as the years go by: how a marriage should be.
How to Organize and Celebrate a Wedding Anniversary
Have you found out which wedding you are in? Then you can begin to prepare a beautiful renewal of votes. For this, it is advisable to prepare in advance so that everything stays as you planned.
The celebration may be intimate with just the two of you, or it may include the family. There are still those who prefer real bashings, especially when celebrating silver or gold weddings.
Be that as it may, the tip is to use in the decoration of the party the symbol element of the weddings that is completed. For example, in a wedding of wheat, use the cereal in the decoration and serve appetizers with the food.
If it is not possible to use the symbol itself, as in a wedding of gold or diamond, since they are expensive materials, explore the colors and the brightness of these elements.
Another tip to celebrate the wedding is to present the spouse with something that carries the symbol of the wedding in question, such as a piece of crystal, a silk or maybe even a necklace of rubies?
Wedding Weddings: Discover 60 Inspirations to Decorate
What will the celebration of your wedding be like? Have you thought? We brought you a selection of photos with creative ideas and suggestions to help you. Write down and prepare everything as soon as possible. Check with us:
Picture 1 - Flowers of paper to celebrate a year of marriage.
Picture 2 - Romantic colors in the decoration of weddings.
Picture 3 - Weddings of wheat celebrated in a rustic and outdoor way.
Picture 4 - Succulents of souvenir for the celebration of weddings; the earthenware pot can be used in a wedding of eight years, where the element is symbol.
Picture 5 - For the ceramics boda or wicker use objects of ... wicker!
Picture 6 - A precious cake to celebrate emerald weddings.
Picture 7 - Here, the golden wedding was celebrated with a simple golden and white cake.
Picture 8 - A special message on the wall extolling love.
Picture 9 - Let's celebrate! Preferably with a well-appointed appetizer table.
Image 10 - Celebrate your family weddings with an intimate lunch or dinner.
Picture 11 - Already for an intimate celebration, do not forget to use candles.
Image 12 - Flowers, candles and a scene formed with delicate fabrics.
Picture 13 - The fruit weddings, celebrated to the four years of married, brought apples to compose the decoration.
Picture 14 - Capriche at the time of setting the table; take your best dishes out of the closet.
Picture 15 - Balloons on the ceiling: even in wedding celebrations they fit.
Image 16 - Outdoors, the wedding party is even more enjoyable.
Picture 17 - Enjoy the moment of the meal to make a toast to the next years of married
Image 18 - The initials of the couple can enter into the decoration of the wedding weddings.
Picture 19 - A curtain of photos: no doubt has a beautiful trajectory to be displayed there.
Image 20 - The occasion asks for fine and exquisite candies.
Picture 21 - For the wedding of 50 years do not hesitate to use gold in the decoration.
Image 22 - How about renewing the vows breathing the pure mountain air?
Picture 23 - It does not have to be gold, only gold is enough.
Picture 24 - The delicacy of the origami helps to compose the decoration of the wedding weddings.
Picture 25 - Old photos and a party with retro atmosphere: everything to do with weddings.
Picture 26 - The life of the couple in an exciting selection of photos.
Picture 27 - Tables decorated with charm and elegance.
Image 28 - Drinks and special drinks to celebrate the wedding weddings.
Picture 29 - Still have the car from when you got married? Wear it on the wedding anniversary celebration.
Image 30 - Tables marked by plants.
Picture 31 - Forever ...
Picture 32 - The lightness and the delicacy of the balloons to color the marriage of the couple.
Picture 33 - Since when together? Tell this to the guests.
Picture 34 - All charm and elegance of a party, but without the rush and anxiety of a wedding.
Image 35 - Create a scrapbook.
Image 36 - Fair crates are also a good idea for wedding decor.
Picture 37 - Sweet, sweet love ...
Picture 38 - Is it cold? No excuse not to celebrate the wedding anniversary; use blankets, as the picture suggests.
Image 39 - The balloons bring the love stamped.
Image 40 - New Votes for a New Moment of Life.
Picture 41 - Put in the party decoration elements that also relate to the tastes and lifestyle of the couple.
Picture 42 - A relaxed table for a day of much conversation, laughter and memories.
Picture 43 - A silver cake decorated with white orchids! Does anybody venture to say what a wedding this is?
Picture 44 - Love is love, in any circumstance!
Picture 45 - Green weddings.
Picture 46 - The simple and illuminated heart does not let the atmosphere of romance pass beaten in the party.
Picture 47 - It is worth to decorate the car as it was on the wedding day.
Image 48 - Many flowers, especially if weddings are four years married.
Image 50 - Renew the vows in the magic presence of the trees.
Image 51 - His favorite drinks served at the wedding party.
Image 52 - Special chairs for the couple.
Picture 53 - Celebration of weddings by the pool and with a classic decoration.
Image 54 - Flowers and fruits in the decoration.
Image 55 - A date to be illuminated.
Image 56 - How about celebrating in the church if you are religious?
Image 57 - They remain as passionate lovebirds.
Image 58 - Wines, candles and lace: a cozy decoration for the wedding weddings.
Image 59 - Marriage: an adventure without end.
Image 60 - A candied candy table to celebrate the wedding weddings.