The orange color is not a very common tone when it comes to decorating the house. This is because many people do not know its true meaning and end up being frightened by the vividness of color.
Thinking about it, we prepared this post with the main color information for you to know. In addition, we present some decorating tips for you to start introducing the color in the environment of your home.
What does orange mean?
The color orange is a color that has formed through the mixture of the primary colors red and yellow. Therefore, it is considered a warm and vibrant color that means success, joy, prosperity and vitality.
Orange is often associated with creativity, as color awakens the mind to receive and assimilate new ideas. But the color also provides a lot of enthusiasm, energy and communication enhancement.
Just as color reminds of fun, warmth, and freedom, it can also be related to nervousness, discontent, and anxiety. Therefore, it is necessary to be very careful when using the color.
What are the characteristics of the color orange?
Check out the main features of orange color:
- The color orange is considered a secondary color that arises from the mixture of red and yellow;
- By transmitting the sensation of heat and being associated with fire and light, the color orange is considered a warm color;
- It is considered a complementary color of the blue color because it is located at the opposite end of this color;
- The color orange is seen as a bright, uplifting and optimistic color;
- The orange is associated with the fall season because it is the time of the change of color, leaving the bright colors of the summer to receive the neutral and cold colors of the winter;
- One of the main characteristics of the color orange is the association with the young public;
- Because it is considered young, the color turns out to be quite popular.
What are the curiosities about the color orange?
The orange color has many more meanings than we imagine. See some curiosities that are related to color.
- The orange color was called Geoluhread (yellow-red) because there was no name for it;
- As it is associated with security and danger, objects and clothing that refer to it gain highlights with the orange color;
- In Buddhism the color orange means spirit of sacrifice, transformation and courage. Therefore, the robes of the Buddhist monks are orange;
- As the orange color draws attention, it is used to identify the "black box" of airplanes in cases of accidents;
- Dionysius (Bacchus) who is considered the god of fertility, drunkenness and wine wore orange and was always surrounded by priestesses in orange garb;
- The surname of the Dutch royal family is orange, being the color that symbolizes the family and the soccer team of the country;
- Women tend to wear more orange parts than men and the tone fits very well with women with dark or tan skin;
- The color orange is considered the color of summer;
- The skin color of the Indians is orange;
- The colors of the flag of India are orange, white and green and represent Buddhism, courage and the spirit of sacrifice;
- In Hindu religion the deities should be painted as a little orange to present a lightness on the skin;
- In the USA, although not a rule, most uniforms of inmates are orange in color to facilitate their identification, especially in cases of escape;
- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) always directed his followers to wear the orange color on their clothes, although wearing only white and gold;
- In Reiki Therapy the color orange is related to the Umbilical Chakra that is the region that is located two fingers below the navel and that controls our emotional balance;
- The orange color is one of those that represent Halloween because it brings strength, energy and vitality. To the Celtic people the spirits approached the people who dressed in orange to suck their energy;
- Only one in a thousand cats that have the orange color is female;
- The singer Frank Sinatra loved the color orange because he believed that the color provided more happiness than the others;
- The color orange is considered the color of the sunset;
- As the orange color is vibrant, it gives the impression that the taste is extraordinary, making the egg yolk in this color seem more palatable than the yellow yolk;
- Orange is very popular among children because it is related to fun;
- In Colombia the orange color represents sexuality and fertility;
- If used in excess, the color orange causes anxiety, discontent and nervousness;
- It is not among people's favorite colors, since only 3% of women and 2% of men confirm that they have the orange color as their favorite;
- Before you think of the color orange, people refer to red and yellow. Therefore, there are few concepts and theories that try to use the orange tone as a reference;
- The orange color is very versatile and can be considered exotic for many people;
- In the animal kingdom the colors of the tiger are black and orange, goldfish are luminous orange and foxes are oranges.
What does orange mean in decoration?
The orange color provides diverse sensations like joy, youth, fun, optimism, creativity, tolerance, enthusiasm, strength, energy, among other impressions. Therefore, it is a color chosen in the decoration by people of good humor, who is not afraid to take risks and likes challenges.
So if you choose an environment decorated with orange color the effect that will be produced is a comfortable room, cozy, cheerful, vibrant, fun and full of charm.
If you choose to use the orange color in the kitchen, you will be stimulating the appetite and still aiding in the digestion of food. It is no wonder that various foods like salmon, carrot, mango, some types of cheeses are orange in color.
Color also helps lift the mood of your home, stimulating creativity and making you alert at work. Hence, it is a great choice for decorating home office, whether in a wall painting, or just in a decorative object.
However, as the color is very striking and vibrant, it is best to use it on a house wall, a sofa, a rug or any object or detail that highlights the environment.
What are the best combinations with orange?
Ever imagined a house painted all in orange? It may not be very interesting and may give an idea of exaggeration. In addition, excessive color can cause euphoria in people and bring negative vibrations such as anxiety, nervousness and discontent.
Therefore, it is recommended to use the orange color only to highlight an area or object within the environment. However, there are some colors that perfectly match the orange tone. Check them out:
Oranges burned and earthy
The burnt and earthy orange helps to create a totally rustic decoration and at the same time leaves the atmosphere very charming. Use wood and leather on sofas, coffee tables, racks, among other furniture and mix ethnic items on rugs, cushions and decorations.
As a complementary color to orange, when using blue you are providing a harmonic combination to the environment. So you can use the orange color on a wall and balance the space using the calm of the blue on some decorating object.
The combination of orange and pink is indicated for feminine environments by softness, but without leaving the climate too sweet. You can use a yellow couch and put some pillows in pink.
If you want to do some combination with the green color, you can use the dark green with a reddish orange like coral. That way, you leave the environment more elegant.
Picture 1 - Gradient of shades of orange in this ladder.
Picture 2 - Remarkable makeup table with orange at its base, chair and wall finish.
Picture 3 - Choose a focal point to include with orange as in the door of this kitchen cabinet.
Picture 4 - Cushions in orange.
As it is a very versatile decorative item, the cushion can be a good option to introduce the orange color in the decoration of your home. It is an economical item and can easily be replaced.
Picture 5 - Chairs in orange color stand out in this dining room.
Picture 6 - Small details: orange background inside the closet for a children's room.
Image 7 - Pendant luminaires with orange structure.
Picture 8 - Cabinet-niche for modern bathroom with doors in orange color.
Picture 9 - Bring color to the home office with orange chairs in the style you desire.
Picture 10 - Here, the color stands out among the green chosen for bathroom design coverings.
Picture 11 - Side table of the color bed comes into focus in a double room with neutral tones.
Image 12 - How about innovating and choosing a door in orange?
Image 13 - Hydraulic tile with orange color in the bathroom.
Picture 14 - Chair in focus for home office neutral.
Picture 15 - Orange sofa, whether for living room or for other environments you wish.
Picture 16 - Dining room with industrial style where the orange chairs stand out in the composition of colors.
Picture 17 - Orange chrome in the decoration of shelves and metal of this bathroom.
Picture 18 - Large kitchen with orange color.
Picture 19 - How about painting the glass with your favorite color?
Image 20 - Effect of the bricks to bring the color in an internal environment.
Picture 21 - Wooden bench for clean bathroom with the color orange.
Picture 22 - Orange dresser.
Picture 23 - Side chair in the bedroom with the color orange.
Image 24 - Light color tint in planned mobile to room.
Picture 25 - In this room, the orange sofa stands out.
Image 26 - Bathroom with orange in vogue on the countertop and side door.
Image 27 - Painting with geometric shapes to keep the orange in balance with the environment.
Image 28 - Orange paint to highlight the decorated bathroom.
Picture 29 - Orange curtain for living room.
If you do not want to risk so much by betting on furniture, you can experiment by hanging a completely flat curtain in orange or by combining the tone with other colors. The great advantage is that you can change it according to the decoration.
Picture 30 - Grout in orange color in combination with the wall painting of the bathroom.
Picture 31 - Headboard and bed linen in strong hue of orange color.
Figure 32 - Detail for bunk metal for adolescent room .
Picture 33 - Retro sideboard / shelf painted with orange color.
Image 34 - Kitchen furniture with color to stand out in clean environment.
Image 35 - Home office desk with metallic orange.
Image 36 - In this bathroom, highlight the orange color of the side wall.
Picture 37 - Home office with orange upper wall.
Picture 38 - Apartment with sliding door in orange color.
Image 39 - Kitchen wall in orange color.
Image 40 - Small details that make all the difference!
Image 41 - If you can not choose furniture with color, choose a sticker with a striking phrase, whether for residential or commercial areas.
Picture 42 - Kind of German corner with upholstered sofa in orange color.
Picture 43 - Niche specific in L for bathroom in color orange.
Picture 44 - Kitchen cabinets can focus on the color you like.
Picture 45 - Another example of fabric sofa with orange tint in the decoration.
Picture 46 - Living room with orange sofa to bring color to the neutral environment.
Image 47 - Cooler of the famous brand SMEG to bring color to this kitchen.
Image 48 - Niche in the room and armchair in orange color.
Image 49 - Grout lines with the color orange and bench in the same color in this bathroom.
Picture 50 - Simple kitchen with orange details of the planned cabinets.
Image 51 - Tiles on the kitchen wall to highlight the cooking area.
Image 52 - Details of neutral kitchen with orange color to create highlight.
Picture 53 - TV room with orange details in the door of the cabinets.
Image 54 - Orange niche in neutral kitchen to highlight the usable area.
Picture 55 - In this double room, the orange wall stands out even more because of the lighting.
Image 56 - Orange sofa to bring life to this environment.
Image 57 - Tiles in orange mix to form a drawing on the wall of this kitchen.
Image 58 - Orange shelf for living room decor.
Image 59 - Pillows also in orange for the decoration of this integrated environment.
Picture 60 - In Studio environment, this apartment uses the orange in the double bed and in the cushions to the room.