Learning some techniques like unclogging the toilet is key to solving small problems in your home. In some cases, the clogging is very simple, just use some materials that you have at home. However, if the problem persists, it is best to hire a professional. See the best tricks to unclog the pot.
How to unclog toilet: main ways
There are different ways of unclogging the toilet. In some cases you can use simple products like water and detergent, at other times it will be necessary to use aggressive chemicals. Learn about some techniques you can use to unclog the pot.
Use only bleach
Undoubtedly, the first technique you should use is to pour bleach into the vessel to unclog the passageway in waste cases. If the problem of clogging is caused by other objects inside the vessel or plumbing such as wood, plastic or cloths, you should use another technique.
- Take bleach and throw a good amount into the pot;
- Now wait + or - three hours;
- Then, give the discharge to check if the vessel will unclog;
- Finally, wash the toilet thoroughly to remove all debris.
Use vinegar and baking soda
If you want to use a homemade solution with products already known by the housewife, simply mix vinegar with baking soda. If it does not resolve, you will have to use another more effective technique.
- Take ½ cup of baking soda;
- Now get ½ cup of vinegar;
- Make a mixture and throw everything directly into the toilet.
- Expect to take effect;
- Then throw water to see if the vessel has cleared;
- Finally, perform a general cleaning.
Use water and detergent
Mixing water with detergent is a good opportunity to use products that are not too harsh. However, if the problem of clogging is caused by materials such as cloth, wood and plastic, this technique will not be effective.
- Take a pot of boiling water;
- Put a little detergent into this pot of water to dilute;
- Throw the whole mixture into the toilet bowl;
- Then, give the discharge to verify that the clog has been resolved;
- If it is still clogged, you can repeat the process three more times;
- If you notice that it will not work, you should look for another technique.
Use a deicer
The nozzle is widely used because it is a very effective technique, since the process creates a vacuum. This vacuum allows the object that was preventing water from flowing down the pipe, to be eliminated, leaving the passage released.
- Take a plunger and make several moves in the toilet to pressure and create a vacuum;
- In this way, the object that was blocking the passage of water will be released and the vessel will be unclogged;
- Use a good amount of water inside the vessel.
Use caustic soda
Caustic soda is a very aggressive product, so only use it if other techniques have not worked. Before applying, you need to equip yourself with all safety equipment like glove, glasses and boot. This process should be done to avoid direct contact with the product.
- Take a bucket and fill with water;
- Now take a spoon, and put two spoons of caustic soda into the bucket with water;
- Then put two tablespoons of salt into the bucket with water;
- Then take the mixture and put all the contents straight into the toilet bowl;
- Wait a moment to see if the process will take effect;
- To finish pull the discharge and wash the toilet to eliminate all the waste;
- Be careful not to use this method often, as caustic soda can corrode the tubing.
Seal the air intake and discharge
Another good option for simple clogging cases is to seal the air intake and give the discharge. The procedure creates a vacuum and presses, forcing down which helps unclog the vessel.
- Before taking the procedure, take a garbage bag or paper wrap and cover the toilet;
- There must be no open space for air passage. So watch every detail;
- Then close the lid;
- Now you need to sit on top of the toilet seat;
- Then pull the discharge for 30 seconds, non-stop;
- Accurate discharge is supplied with water;
- Check that the clog has solved;
- If you have not resolved, you can repeat the process two more times.
Use a pet bottle to unclog
Another homemade technique is to use a pet bottle to unclog the water. The process creates a vacuum by eliminating the object and unclogging. It is a good technique and very simple to do.
- First take a pet bottle and cut it in half;
- Then use a broom handle and place in your beak;
- The bottom of the bottle that has been cut you must put in the hole of the toilet;
- Now make several moves up and down;
- The process is very similar to using the rubber stripper;
- See if the clogging is resolved and if you need to, make the move again.
Use a floor cloth
Using a floor cloth is only recommended when you have no other option, as the risk of worsening clogging is enormous.
- Take a floor cloth;
- Put on a glove;
- Now push the cloth into the toilet bowl with great force;
- The greatest care you must have at this time is to prevent the cloth from descending through the vessel and further aggravating the clogging situation;
- Then pull the discharge and pull the cloth at the same time;
- Verify that the issue is resolved. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
Use a plastic ball
This procedure should be used only when you already have practice as there are great risks of causing an accident.
- Take one of those plastic balls. Give preference to large balls;
- Place the ball on top of the toilet seat;
- At this point, you must push the ball until a small part of it enters to completely seal the vessel;
- Then pull the discharge;
- You need to be very careful that the ball does not burst;
- The goal is that the pressure of the ball can send away the object that is obstructing the passage of water.
Coca-Cola is widely known as a homemade deinker because of phosphoric acid which has the power to dissolve the material that is blocking the passage.
- Use a 2 L bottle of cola;
- Put all contents inside the toilet bowl;
- Wait for the coke to act, dissolving the debris that is blocking the passage of water;
- To finish, pull the discharge to check if everything is ok.
Use a hanger
The hanger is a simple, practical and easy to do technique, since you will not need to use anything more than an old hanger.
- Take a hanger that is no longer being used in your closet;
- Take a pair of pliers and cut the hanger;
- Try to make it as straight as possible;
- Use a hanger that is all plastic coated;
- Avoid using the wire hanger to avoid damaging the porcelain;
- Take the hanger already cut and insert it into the pot;
- Do this until you reach the bottom;
- Now move in several directions;
- The goal is to break waste;
- Finally, pull the discharge;
- If you need to, you can repeat the process.
If you can not solve it, call a professional
After all the tips, if you can not solve the problem, it is best to call a professional in the area. Avoid insisting because you can make matters worse. The professional will have the ability to assess whether the problem is in the passage of the vessel or in the pipe.
Therefore, immediately seek the advice of a company or professional to unclog the toilet.
Ways to prevent toilet flushing
- Absorbents can clog the vessel. Therefore, never throw tampons in the toilet bowl;
- When using condoms, throw them in the trash. Never throw condoms into the vase;
- After using moist tissues, discard them in the trash. Never throw moist wipes over the toilet bowl;
- Discarding toilet paper inside the toilet is to help clog the toilet. So throw the toilet paper in the trash;
- To maintain a more hygienic environment, always have a bin in the bathroom;
- Properly dispose of all materials in the trash;
- Put the bin next to the toilet;
- When you receive a visit at home, place a small plate in the bathroom to remind your guests that toilet paper should be discarded in the trash;
- Clean the toilet at least once during the week.
The techniques of how to unclog the toilet that we present in our article are ideal to help you solve the problem. If you use one of the tricks and realize that it is not working, do another procedure.