The microwave is a kitchen appliance very useful for when you need to heat the food in a faster way.
The detail is that, since you always use the appliance, it is normal for it to start accumulating dirt, especially grease and leftover food.
And when that happens it's time to take that general in the microwave and leave it like new!
Learn how you can clean your microwave:
5 ways to clean your microwave
In addition to the traditional cleaning products you have at home, such as a cloth with soap and water, you can also do the cleaning of the microwave:
1. With vinegar
This tip is ideal for cleaning the inside of the microwave, especially if the dirt is sticky and hard to remove with a sponge with detergent (never wipe steel in your microwave, okay ?!).
Fill a plastic container - which can be placed to heat the appliance - halfway with water. Then add a tablespoon of white vinegar.
Put to warm up in the microwave and switch on average for 5 minutes. The mixture will evaporate and help to remove any dirt from the inside of the appliance.
2. With lemon
Lemon also helps in cleaning the inside of the microwave. To do this cut a lemon in half and place on a plate with a tablespoon of water. The cut parts of the lemon should face the water and the shell upwards.
Switch on the appliance for approximately 1 minute. The lemon should be hot and the inside of the microwave must be moist.
Then finish cleaning by wiping a dry cloth - and clean - or a paper towel. Dirt from the inside of the microwave should easily come loose.
3. With detergent
Put a mixture of water and detergent in a bowl. More water than detergent. Bring to microwave in the microwave for about 1 minute.
Remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the appliance with a sponge or damp cloth. Dirt should be easier to remove.
4. With clean glass
The glass cleaner can also be used to clean the microwave. In this case mix it with water, in proportion 2 to 1.
Take a sponge or cloth and soak in the mixture you just made. Then wipe the inside of the microwave to remove dirt.
5. With bicarbonate
A mixture of water with a tablespoon of baking soda can be used to get the bad smell from inside the microwave. You can apply this idea along with the mixture of detergent and water.
3 basic steps for cleaning the microwave
1. Internal part
Begin cleaning the microwave from the inside. You can use some of the tips we brought in the previous topic to make it easier to remove more difficult dirt.
If the microwave is not so dirty, a sponge soaked in soap and water (or detergent) should already be able to do the job.
Remember to remove the dish from the microwave (you can wash it normally, as you would wash another dish) and also clean the top where more food sneezes.
2. Take off bad odors
Does the microwave smell bad on the inside? Remove this odor after cleaning the dirt from the inside.
You can use the lemon, vinegar or bicarbonate hint mentioned earlier, as they all help in removing unpleasant odors from the microwave.
Finally, it's time to clean the exterior of the microwave, including the panel. Wipe with a slightly damp cloth mixed with soap and water or with clean glass and water and gently wipe the outside of the appliance.
Then a dry cloth helps to remove the products and finishes cleaning. Be careful with the digital panel of the unit while cleaning the outside. It is sensitive and can easily damage.
17 Important Recommendations When Maintaining and Cleaning Your Microwave
- If you use a glass cleaner to clean the microwave, allow it to dry before reconnecting the appliance;
- When you sponge the appliance, never rub with the thick part, only with the most delicate part;
- You can wipe a cloth with a little olive oil in the most persistent dirt stains;
- To avoid too much dirt, cover foods before heating them;
- Did you drop something inside the device? Do not let for later, as soon as possible you clean it easier to remove the dirt!
- Do not use very strong cleaning products to clean your microwave. At most detergent and water or glass and water cleaner;
- Be careful not to wet the digital panel during cleaning. The ideal is to clean it with the help of a slightly damp cloth or even dry;
- Do not use knives or other sharp objects to remove stubborn dirt or corners from the microwave. Prefer to leave the soak in the cleaner you are using and wait a little before ironing the dry cloth;
- Aluminum can not be brought to the microwave. Remember this!
- Liquid or sauce dishes are those that are more likely to sneeze and dirty the inside of the microwave. Use a protective cap when heating the unit;
- Drill with a toothpick: eggs, tomatoes, sausage and potatoes, so they do not "explode" into the microwave and cause a lot of dirt!
- Unplug from outlet before cleaning to prevent electric shock;
- Bet on daily cleaning. If you wipe a dry cloth inside the microwave every time you use it, it avoids dirt buildup!
- The "heavy" cleaning of the appliance should be done once or twice a month, depending on the use you make of your microwave;
- To avoid unpleasant odors inside the microwave, in addition to cleaning dirt that has splashed on the inside, leave the door open for a few minutes after use. The idea is to ventilate the device a bit;
- Did you wipe the microwave with a damp cloth? Dry immediately to prevent rust spots;
- Never throw water into the microwave oven. If the dirt is too hard to remove, bet on some of the suggestions we gave in the first topic.
See how cleaning your microwave is not a difficult task? Remember also that daily maintenance will help the appliance last longer and avoid suffering on the day of heavier cleanings!