Having a garden to contemplate during the day is already wonderful, at night so we do not even talk. A garden lighting project is very important to enhance the landscape design and improve the space conditions for night use. That way you can enjoy this little piece of nature at any time of the day.
But to assemble a suitable garden lighting project, beautiful and functional some care need to be taken. So, we list below all you need to know before you start installing wires and bulbs in your garden. Check out:
Tips for making garden lighting
- Before any planning, stroll through your garden at night and visualize the lighting needs of the space, as well as the effect you want to give the place. Make sure the path or walkway needs to be lit and which plants you would like to highlight with light, for example. This previous visit helps to clarify the ideas and put you in the focus of what really needs to be done;
- Also define the lighting style you want to give the garden. This is important to know what kind of lamp will be used in the project - we'll talk about this later. But for now, just think about whether you would like more direct or indirect lights and whether the lighting comes from above or below. Remember that the way lighting is installed modifies the scene;
- From this information you can already decide the type of lamp that will be used in the project. The yellow light bulbs make the garden more cozy and cozy, while the white lights have a greater highlight effect and are great when it is intended to brighten the place. Colored lights should be used to highlight and highlight a specific point in the garden, but be careful not to overdo the colors and make the garden a visual mess;
- The most recommended lamps for garden lighting projects are the LED lamps, since they are durable, they spend little energy, they do not warm the plants and they are found in different shades of color. But you still have the possibility of using incandescent, fluorescent or halogen lamps. The disadvantage of the first two is the high energy expenditure, while the last one overheats the vegetation, and can burn the plants;
- Now if the intention is to go for something sustainable and environmentally friendly, use solar energy bulbs. This type of lamp is "charged" during the day with the energy of the sun and when it arrives at night it lights alone. In addition to not weighing in the budget of the house, this type of lighting project does not require specialized manpower for installation and maintenance is also simple;
- The lamps can be placed between the vegetation, forming a light and shadow effect or embedded in the ground, directed to trunks and shrubs in order to highlight specific elements of the garden. You can still direct the light to a water source, a distinctive wall or other architectural element of the garden. But if the intention is to get the maximum clarity, use tall garden poles to increase the lighting capacity of the project;
- Finally, to carry out your project call a technician or company specializing in garden lighting. So, besides the beauty you guarantee the safety of the place too;
60 garden lighting ideas to inspire you
No ideas on how to do your garden lighting? So check out the photos below to get inspired and start your project today:
Picture 1 - An illuminated path: in this project, the lanterns light the passage and still enhance the trees of the garden.
Picture 2 - Garden lighting: here, are the candles from inside the cage lighting the garden.
Picture 3 - On the range of pebbles were installed white lamps that light the floor and emphasize the bambus next to the wall.
Picture 4 - The illumination of that garden was installed on the stair steps; note that at the bottom the palm trees were also illuminated, but for a purpose only decorative.
Picture 5 - Garden lighting: the lights of flasher create a warm and cozy atmosphere for the garden, not to mention that they are an inexpensive option for lighting.
Picture 6 - That mini garden can pole received candles inside the water to lighten the passage.
Picture 7 - The path of stones of this garden gained a reinforced illumination with the beacons and the ground spots.
Image 8 - The lamps that are embedded inside the vegetation should be cold so as not to burn the plants, like the ones of LED.
Picture 9 - Inside the water: the lighting of this garden was installed in the mini lake, next to the fish.
Picture 10 - Wood floor of the garden won lights embedded in the stairs.
Image 11 - The grass-only garden was appreciated by the presence of indirect lighting that, in addition to lightening the place, still enhances the shapes and volumes created in the landscaping.
Picture 12 - Garden of white lights: clarity and total visibility.
Picture 13 - In this garden, the lights come from the lamp pole and the wall lamp.
Picture 14 - One effect: create a strong and striking landscape in the garden with the presence of lights directed to the trunk of the trees.
Picture 15 - In this garden, the lighting in the trees created a mirror effect in the pool.
Picture 16 - The natural luminaires, made with trunk of trees, bring a warm and rustic climate to the garden.
Picture 17 - The public garden lighting has multiple functions, among them to offer clarity, safety, beauty and visual comfort.
Picture 18 - In this garden of lush trees, the lighting was installed directly on the floor.
Picture 19 - The perfect lawn gained effect of circular lights.
Image 20 - Garden lighting with modern and differentiated design.
Picture 21 - The lighting of this garden highlights the vegetation and the wall of apparent bricks.
Picture 22 - Garden delicate, cozy and with romantic touch; all these effects obtained thanks to the illumination of the garden.
Image 23 - Markers to enhance the beauty of small flower beds.
Picture 24 - The garden ladder need not be just lit, it can have a nice visual effect as well.
Picture 25 - Beacon lights, but its distinctive design makes it a decorative piece as well.
Image 26 - Light hoses are another way to light the garden by combining beauty and functionality.
Image 27 - The lighting of this garden comes from the benches and the concrete tables.
Image 28 - In order not to disturb the narrow passage, the illumination of this garden was embedded in the ground and close to the wall.
Image 29 - All highlight to the water fountain in the middle of the garden.
Picture 30 - Yellow lights and natural elements: the perfect combination for a rustic and cozy garden.
Picture 31 - White light highlights the blue of the pool which in turn combines with the bluish tone of the lighting on the wall.
Image 32 - Glass luminaires on pebbles: contrast between the crude and the refined.
Picture 33 - In this garden, the lighting highlights the Swords of St. George .
Picture 34 - A garden lighting to let anyone sigh: the flashing blinking lights create a romantic and inspiring effect for the garden.
Picture 35 - Here the glass balls with peeling paint guarantee the differentiated effect in the lighting and you can do it yourself.
Image 36 - Bonfire in the middle of the garden guarantees the intimate atmosphere to the external environment and still gives a reinforcement in the lighting system.
Image 37 - The tall, well-worked pole stands out in this landscape design.
Image 38 - The 'target' of this lighting project are the treetops and the green massif in the background.
Picture 39 - In this garden, are the focal points and specific light that stand out.
Picture 40 - Chinese-style lamps illuminate all the way around the pool.
Picture 41 - The yellowish tone marks this project of illumination that can be contemplated until during the day.
Picture 42 - The modern style garden lighting has chosen to highlight the wooden wall.
Picture 43 - Lights hidden among the bushes; At the stairway, discreet points of light clear the way.
Image 44 - White lights are ideas for modern and contemporary landscape projects.
Image 45 - The lighting of the facade of the house complete with garden lighting.
Picture 46 - In this house, simple garden lighting, with only spots embedded in the floor, demonstrates that the maxim of "less is more" also applies to garden projects.
Picture 47 - The recessed and simple lighting appreciated the design of this small garden of foliage.
Picture 48 - Lights in the water and in the flowerbeds highlighting what each space has of more special.
Picture 49 - In this large garden, the lights are present in varied forms and fulfilling different functions.
Picture 50 - Inner garden with tree and lake became more sophisticated with lights under water.
Picture 51 - A garden to be enjoyed day and night.
Picture 52 - Garden lighting: the white lights serve to lighten, already to decorate were placed lanterns of yellowish light on the ground.
Picture 53 - Garden lighting: effect of light on the water is an extra highlight for the garden.
Picture 54 - Fairy tale garden: the cinematic lighting emphasizes important points of the garden with the lights of the floor, already the clothes line leaves the scene romantic and welcoming; to finish the project, light blue.
Picture 55 - In this garden, the lighting is hidden under the stairs and in the flowering shrubs.
Picture 56 - Children also benefit from garden lighting, but watch out for the safety of the place: no exposed wires or unprotected light bulbs.
Image 57 - The garden lighting causes a very interesting set of shapes and volumes visually.
Image 58 - Illuminated stones or lamps in stone format? Differentiated and original effect for the garden.
Image 59 - Combine LED hoses with built-in spots to create cozy garden lighting.
Image 60 - Garden illuminated only with lamp pole: a simple, easy and economical way to light the garden.