Probably you already hear about liquid porcelain tile, but what you may not know is that this type of flooring is nothing more than epoxy resin. That's right, this resin used widely for various purposes is also available for floor application. And the best: with an incredible decorative effect.
Want to know more about epoxy resin? So keep following this post because we will tell you everything about it, as well as show you beautiful and original designs that bet on the use of epoxy resin for flooring. Check out:
What is epoxy resin
Epoxy resin, also known as polyepoxide, is a type of plastic that upon contact with a catalyst agent hardens and becomes a solid and rigid surface, forming a type of monolithic floor of high aesthetic value.
Despite having recently emerged as a novelty in the interior decoration market, epoxy resin flooring has been widely used by the industry for a long time because of the need for a durable, tough and easy-to-clean coating.
The epoxy resin can be applied over other coatings such as ceramic floors, porcelain tiles, stones, slate or directly on the subfloor. An interesting feature of epoxy resin is that it is self leveling.
However, the use of epoxy resin is not indicated on wood floors, since the expansion of the wood can compromise the life of the resin.
How and where to use epoxy resin
The application of the epoxy resin is simple, fast and does not dirt. The liquid resin is applied on the floor and spread with the aid of a squeegear-like instrument. However, rapid drying and possible bubble formation requires the application of the resin by a professional to ensure a perfect finish.
Because it is an impermeable coating, epoxy resin can be applied in all environments of the home, from bathrooms and kitchens to rooms and bedrooms. However, use is not recommended for outdoor use, as temperature changes and the incidence of ultraviolet rays can compromise the quality and durability of the resin.
Because it is a liquid coating, the epoxy resin should also not be applied to walls and ceilings, since vertically it would not be possible to achieve leveling.
Advantages of epoxy resin
- Durability and resistance : Durable and very sturdy, the epoxy resin flooring stands out for its durability. The resin also tolerates the action of various types of chemical agents, which is one of the main reasons for its use in the industry.
- Finishes: If you are looking for a shiny finish flooring, epoxy resin is a great choice. Now, if your intention is a matte finish, the epoxy resin can also be used, since the material can be found in both versions.
- Mixed colors, prints and designs : a great advantage of epoxy resin is the extensive variety of colors, patterns and designs that can be used to decorate the floor, making it compatible with different types and styles of decoration. The 3D effect - so famous nowadays - can also be obtained with the use of epoxy resin.
- Fast and clean : for those in a hurry, the epoxy resin is an excellent option. The coating is applied in hours - or in just a few days depending on the size of the environment. Besides the quick application, the epoxy resin also stands out not to make dirt, nor to accumulate rubble.
- Waterproof : the epoxy resin is a fully waterproof coating. And you know what that means? As the flooring does not absorb liquids consequently it becomes stain resistant.
- Monolithic floor : one of the main reasons why epoxy resin is so highly valued in interior decoration is the fact that it is a monolithic floor, that is, a single floor, without seams, joints or grout marks. This feature makes epoxy resin flooring a great choice for anyone who wants a clean style decor, even, this uniformity makes the space more visually spacious.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance : The epoxy resin floor is very easy to clean and virtually requires no maintenance. Cleaning can be done with a cloth moistened with mild soap or a soft-bristled broom.
- Application on other coatings : You do not have to worry about removing the current coating before applying the epoxy resin. It can be applied directly on any type of floor, except for wood, as previously mentioned.
Price and where to buy epoxy resin
The price of epoxy resin for flooring varies greatly from region to region, but on average, the value goes from around $ 150 to $ 300. On sites like Mercado Livre and Leroy Merlin it is possible to buy epoxy resin, make sure to hire skilled labor to apply the product.
60 photos of environments with epoxy resin flooring
With so many advantages, you must be wondering "why did not I think of the epoxy resin before?". But there is always time, do not worry. And thinking about it we separate the best ideas of using epoxy resin for you to be inspired. Look that:
Picture 1 - Epoxy floor reinforces the clean proposal of this environment.
Picture 2 - Wide environments are more valued with monolithic floor of epoxy resin.
Picture 3 - The matte gray of the floor of epoxy resin integrates harmoniously to decor.
Image 4 - Epoxy resin flooring can be applied in different formats and patterns, such as that of the image.
Picture 5 - A blue epoxy floor to give that special touch of color to the integrated environments.
Picture 6 - On the blue floor, yellow chairs to create contrast and for the rest of the environment, white.
Image 7 - The industrial style house bet on a turquoise blue epoxy resin floor.
Picture 8 - In the bathroom, the epoxy resin can be used without fear, since it is totally waterproof.
Picture 9 - The tone of closed blue is the highlight of this room that combines classic and modern features.
Image 10 - Epoxy flooring is a great choice for balconies.
Image 11 - Already in the office, the black color was chosen for the resin floor; notice the brightness that the epoxy gives to the environment.
Picture 12 - Branquissimo! And the best without grout interference.
Picture 13 - Epoxy resin flooring is a great ally of modern decorations.
Picture 14 - In the children's area, the epoxy floor is also an excellent option.
Image 15 - How about blending epoxy and wood flooring?
Picture 16 - Gray as the ceiling.
Image 17 - On the floor, epoxy resin; already to the wall, the epoxy paint.
Image 18 - Epoxy resin allows shapes and designs to be created freely on the floor.
Picture 19 - A soft yellow tone to the bathroom.
Image 20 - White and bright.
Picture 21 - In the white kitchen, the blue epoxy resin floor stands out.
Image 22 - Test a marbled effect as well.
Image 23 - Epoxy floor marking the ambiences of the house.
Picture 24 - Easy to clean, epoxy flooring becomes a great choice for kitchen linings.
Picture 25 - Explore contrasts.
Picture 26 - And use all the beauty of epoxy resin uniformity in favor of decoration.
Image 27 - The strength and durability of the epoxy resin also makes it very suitable for environments with large circulation of people.
Image 28 - The blue floor overflows peace and tranquility into the kitchen.
Picture 29 - What do you think of a more citric tone on the epoxy floor to light the decoration of the house?
Image 30 - Smooth and uniform: the most advantageous part of the use of epoxy resin.
Picture 31 - Integrated design houses are valued with the use of monolithic floors, such as epoxy.
Picture 32 - The same floor for the bedroom and bathroom.
Image 33 - Choose the color of the floor according to the decoration proposal.
Picture 34 - Take advantage of the white floor and add colorful elements to give life to the decoration.
Image 35 - For lovers of clean decoration, epoxy resin is a great solution.
Picture 36 - Easy cleaning makes epoxy flooring one of the best options for children's bedrooms.
Image 37 - To avoid scratches on the epoxy floor, use velcro pieces at the base of the furniture.
Picture 38 - The epoxy floor is versatile and combines with different types of decoration.
Screenshot 39 - Merge styles and combine different textures in the same environment.
Picture 40 - Bathroom three colors: modern and stylish made with epoxy resin.
Picture 41 - A dark and bright floor to mark the house with charm and elegance.
Image 42 - Abuse of light and neutral colors for the epoxy floor, thus gaining visual amplitude in the environment.
Picture 43 - Even in the most rustic decorations, the epoxy floor is also a joker.
Image 44 - Reddish epoxy resin floor makes the porch more welcoming and cozy.
Picture 45 - In the children's room, the epoxy resin floor becomes part of the decoration.
Image 46 - White floor is always a white floor: have no mistake with it.
Picture 47 - Distinctive color touch for the white bathroom.
Image 48 - There will always be an epoxy resin color that fits your decoration proposal.
Image 49 - Brightness and amplitude with epoxy resin.
Picture 50 - A neutral floor does not necessarily have to be white.
Image 51 - Blue bands of epoxy resin to mark the environment.
Image 52 - To make the epoxy resin floor more cozy, choose to use a rug.
Picture 53 - A modern and colorful design made of epoxy resin.
Image 54 - Floating room: 3D epoxy resin floor to create an impressive look for room.
Image 55 - A blue balcony the color of the sea.
Image 56 - Modern decoration? Go from epoxy floor.
Image 57 - The perfect junction between the rustic and sophisticated wood with the modern epoxy floor.
Image 58 - The epoxy resin can also be warm and cozy.
Image 59 - Monolithic floor gray epoxy to receive the mix of styles.
Picture 60 - Children's room decorated with modernity and style.
Image 61 - White epoxy floor to leave the kitchen clean and modern.
Image 62 - Visual amplitude with the epoxy floor.
Image 63 - The epoxy resin helps to highlight the raised floor.
Image 64 - Modern and minimalist room bet on the uniformity of epoxy resin flooring.
Image 65 - Environments integrated visually by the epoxy floor.