THE salad bar can offer both entry to a dinner party and being the protagonist of a party without dinner. Cold cuts are not limited to cheeses and sausages, but they are also lighter foods like fruits and breads. This can be a more practical option when it comes to providing flavors and textures to guests. You can use all your creativity to surprise everyone, not forgetting the balance between sweet and savory flavors.
Turn the variety into the best decoration for your table, after all many types of celebrations can count on the cold table: it can be present at weddings, children's party, baby shower, party of 15 years, informal parties, bar party and barbecues .
Before you get inspired, check out some general tips to help you plan:
What to serve at the table of cold cuts and menu?
All the table of the cold table must be chosen beforehand so you can take care of each combination and offer options at all, for example, if your party has children, the best options are the softer cheeses and the colorful fruits. There is a wide variety of items to be served at your cold table, from cheeses (national and / or imported) and inlays to side dishes such as fresh fruits, jellies, nuts, olives, breads, toasts and, drinks such as wines, beer, sparkling wines and soft drinks.
Here is a list of suggestions for each menu item:
- Cheese : The list is almost infinite. You can use the gouda, edam, gorgonzola, emmental, parmesan, provolone, pecorino, brie, camembert, gruyère, grana padano, ricotta, mozzarella, cheddar, cheese minas frescal among many others that will sharpen your palate and the guests.
- Sausages and the like : Carpaccio, raw ham, boiled ham, salami, turkey ham, Canadian loin, pastrami, canape and turkey breast.
- Breads and Toast : What are not lacking are delicious choices to include on your table. From whole grain bread to white bread, Italian bread, wholemeal crackers, crackers and toast of various sizes.
- Fresh fruit : Grapes, plums, strawberries, figs, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and oranges.
Other snacks: Cashews, walnuts, pistachios and almonds are welcome, plus half-bitter chocolate, jams, fruit jellies, jams and honey. If you want to vary further you can include pates, sauces, guacamole and hummus.
- The amount of cold and food : everything will depend on the amount of guests and whether the cold table will be centerpiece or just extras among the dishes served. To serve as an entrée, consider 150g of cheeses and cold cuts per person, even in an event where the cold table is the main course, something between 200g and 300g per person is ideal. In the case of breads and toast, you can consider 100g for each. Remembering that the same amounts are considered for children as this will generate a balance between the amount that adults and children eat.
- Exposure time on the table : the ambient temperature is the ideal to consume the type of food that we are going to serve in this party. Try to remove the cheeses and sausages from the refrigerator 1 hour before and the packaging only a few minutes before serving. If your table is exposed for hours, some foods should be avoided, such as mayonnaise-based sauces, for example.
- Food position : the position of the food is very important both for the decoration and for the practicality and ease with which your guests will be able to serve themselves. Try to keep all the cold ones close to each other and group toasts and pates.
- Table and decoration : You can choose between using a tablecloth (light and solid, or with lots of color and more boho chic prints) or prioritize the table itself. The wooden surfaces can give a rustic or delicate air, according to its tone and texture. In addition to the actual arrangement of food, you can use other decorative features such as decorated bottles, candlesticks, cutting boards and floral elements such as small flower arrangements and / or plants. In addition to the layout of the food, the place of the utensils is also very important in a cold table: everything should be within the reach of the guest and organized according to the need to use.
60 decorating ideas for cold table
See below our gallery with over 60 amazing inspirations from cold table for parties and at the end of the post, know the step by step how to make yours:
Table of simple and cockroach
Image 01 - Brie, raw ham, blackberries and oranges - harmony of different elements.
Image 02 - Bet on the taste and beauty of the seasonings.
Image 03 - Plaquinhas to signal each cheese.
Image 04 - Individual portion with fruits and olives.
Image 05 - A small piece of each to taste with the wine.
Image 06 - Tasting different flavors and textures of cheeses.
Image 07 - Wood and silverware for sophistication and delicacy on your table.
Image 08 - Fresh herbs to decorate and to eat.
Image 09 - Know your cheese.
Picture 10 - Cheeses in pieces give a more rustic tone to your board.
Image 11 - Breadsticks and fruits.
Picture 12 - Individual boards as entrance.
Image 13 - Jellied on the spoon, fruits and cheeses.
Image 14 - Two cheeses with sauce, jelly and breads.
Image 15 - Containers with a little bit of everything.
Picture 16 - Simple cold table with mirrored tray and candlesticks.
Picture 17 - Make honey the perfect combination on your board.
For party or simple meeting for birthday
Picture 18 - Intimate meeting with table of cold and clean decoration.
Image 19 - Cold table with plants and wood.
Image 20 - Striped towel and picnic mood.
Picture 21 - Combine light colors with natural themes.
Image 22 - Composition of delicacies on the slate.
Picture 23 - A little corner in the garden.
Picture 24 - A toast! Cold table for engagement.
Image 25 - Red fruits and the care with the details.
Image 26 - Plaquinhas with the names and composition of the cheeses.
Image 27 - Central flower arrangements and individual portions served on the slate.
Image 28 - Table of cold and fruit with extension and variety.
Picture 29 - Decorate your table of cold for party with bandeirinhas.
Image 30 - Combine fresh fruit, breads and nuts at your wedding table.
Picture 31 - Let nature invade your table with arrangements of fresh and dry leaves.
Picture 32 - Meal between friends.
Image 33 - Off-white tones in the flowers and utensils to combine the vivid colors of the food and the wood.
Image 34 - Spread honey on specific points on your board and place cheeses and other items to harmonize flavors.
Image 35 - Deconstructed items on the table.
Image 36 - A small board before the plate.
For parties and meetings with 50 and 100 people
Image 37 - Color and variety for a large table where everyone can sit and serve themselves.
Picture 38 - If you prefer, you can use an exclusive corner for a cold table for 50 people.
Image 39 - Position the wine bottles along with the snacks.
Picture 40 - A piece of shredded cheese looks much prettier next to bunches of grapes.
Image 41 - Herbs and fruits leave your table in the colors of the orchard.
Image 42 - Combine the colors of your cold table with the mood of many boho chic prints.
Picture 43 - A thousand colors and flavors in each bowl.
Image 44 - This tree-cut board for sure will give the highlight deserved by your table of cold.
Image 45 - Trays with mounds of everything.
Picture 46 - Bet on the variety of pieces of seasoned cheeses.
Image 47 - Refreshance and lightness on the cold table for 100 people.
Cold with fruit
Image 48 - Outdoors and with many fruits.
Picture 49 - Brighten your table with candles and clear details, contrasting with a dark center that gives unity to the table.
Image 50 - Sign the cold spot on your desk.
Picture 51 - Half bitter chocolate and dark fruits give a remarkable flavor to your table.
Image 52 - Refreshing and colorful drinks to match the red fruits and other outstanding flavors of your cold table.
Image 53 - Crackers and dried fruits offer more crispness for their combination of flavors.
Image 54 - Place special combinations in highlighted places.
Picture 55 - The perfect balance! Mix creamy cheeses with whole grain breads, nuts and fresh fruits to find harmony between sweet and salty.
Picture 56 - The softness of the pears is a perfect pair for cheeses with more accurate taste.
Image 57 - Dried fruits are also a good request.
Image 58 - Striking salads and sweet fruits.
Picture 59 - At a party for more guests, the long board allows small portions of all elements to be arranged along the table, so that the traffic in the room is more fluid and everyone is more comfortable.
Image 60 - The very leaves of the fruits that will be served can be part of the decoration of your cold table. Make a composition that mixes whole pieces and pieces of fruit and cheeses.
How to set up a cold table
The table layout is the time when you can make suggestion of combination of flavors for your guests, so everyone will have the feeling of care and delicacy in the smallest details.
- Use a spacious base suitable for cuts such as wood or marble.
- Arrange the knives near the ingredients, you can reserve the knives with saws for harder cheeses and the ones without saw for softer cheeses or pâtés, jellies and other pasty accompaniments.
- Put the cheeses and sausages on the board. Do not forget that these are the protagonists of the table, so keep them in the center. You can choose to slice just a few slices and leave the rest uncut or also make the cut to distribute the way you prefer.
- Distribute small bowls with olives, pates, jams and pickles around cold cuts.
The loaves can be sliced and distributed over the board, while the toast should be close to the buttery cheeses.
- If you use the whole fruit, place it directly on the board, since the sliced fruits can be in bowls with sticks.
- You can still combine the texture and flavor of half-bitter chocolate into coarser pieces scattered across the board. It combines perfectly with salty ingredients.